- Weiss, Karel
- Call number
- JPB 91-110
- Physical description
- 34 items
- Preferred Citation
- Collection relating to Eva Gauthier, Music Division, The New York Public Library
- Music Division
- Access to materials
- Collection is open to the public. Library policy on photography and photocopying will apply. Advance notice may be required.
Eva Gauthier, a mezzo-soprano, was born in Ottawa. Her pupil Karel Weiss, of Baltimore, was 20 years old in 1947. 12 ALS from Eva Gauthier to Karel Weiss, 1947-1954; 2 ALS from Eva Gauthier to Weiss's mother, 1948 and 1956; 1 TL from Eva Gauthier recommending Weiss for "a Berkshire season", 1947; clipping, flyer, and programs for concerts by or relating to Eva Gauthier, 1951-1966; prospective, minutes, and by-laws for organization which became The Eva Gauthier Society for Living Song, 1959-1960; musical scores of songs by Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco, E.T. Cone, Ned Rorem, and Hugo Weisgall, accompanied by ALS from Castelnuovo-Tedesco (1966) and Weisgall (1948), and typed postcard from Rorem (1947), all mentioning Eva Gauthier.
Source of acquisitionGift, Weiss, Karel, 06/13/91
- Weiss, Karel
- Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Mario, 1895-1968
- Cone, Edward. T.
- Gauthier, Eva, 1885-1958
- Rorem, Ned, 1923-....
- Weisgall, Hugo
- American Music Collection
- Eva Gauthier Society for Living Song
Using the collection
New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Center
40 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023-7498