- Poe, Edgar Allan, 1809-1849
- Call number
- MssCol 2441
- Physical description
- .75 linear feet (2 boxes, 1 oversize folder)
- Preferred Citation
- Edgar Allan Poe collection, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.Restrictions apply
Edgar Allan Poe was an American author, poet, and critic. The collection contains a holograph manuscript of the poem "Eulalie," a roll manuscript of "Thou Art the Man," fragments of extracts of periodical criticism, an undated fragment on Coleridge as plagiarist, and a draft to L.A. Godey for Harnden & Co., 1846. In addition to Poe manuscripts, the collection contains eleven letters from George W. Eveleth to Poe, 1845-1849, artifacts, printed reproductions, facsimiles, and descriptions of Poe documents, and related printed material.
Source of acquisitionGift, Mabbott, Thomas O.; Frank Godey; George Blumenthal; Emma Chase, 1938
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Facsimiles must be used in lieu of original Poe items.