- Church, Maria Silliman, 1810-1880
- Call number
- MssCol 545
- Physical description
- .8 linear feet (2 boxes); 2 microfilm reels
- Preferred Citation
- Maria Silliman Church papers, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Maria Trumbull Silliman Church (1810-1880) was the daughter of Benjamin Silliman, Sr., physicist and professor at Yale University. She married John Barker Church, a Connecticut landowner, in 1830 and spent her time rearing and educating their seven children. Collection consists of correspondence and Church family documents. Correspondence, 1829-1858, is with Maria Church's parents, her husband and various other family members. Letters and family records, 1775-1862, offer a detailed portrayal of daily family life.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Entire collection available on microfilm; New York Public Library; *ZL-252