- Appelbaum, Gertrude H., 1918-
- Call number
- *T-Mss 1995-004
- Physical description
- .1 linear feet (1 portfolio)
- Preferred Citation
- Gertrude Appelbaum papers, Billy Rose Theatre Division, The New York Public Library
- Billy Rose Theatre Division
- Access to materials
- Collection is open to the public. Library policy on photography and photocopying will apply. Advance notice may be required.
Gertrude Appelbaum (also known as Apple) worked in the theater as a casting and production assistant for various producers including Howard Lindsay, Russel Crouse and Guthrie McClintic. She was also a business manager for the Theatre Guild (1964-1965), and personal manager for various actors. In 1947 she formed an investment syndicate comprised of investors with small sums to invest in Broadway productions. Collection consists of incoming letters to Appelbaum, mostly letters of thanks for her notes, from actors, producers, playwrights, drama critics and others. Correspondents include Peter Cushing, Paul Ford, Guthrie McClintic, and Burgess Meredith.
Source of acquisitionPapers: Gift, Appelbaum, Gertrude
Using the collection
LocationBilly Rose Theatre Division
New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Center
40 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023-7498