- Cherry County Playhouse (Traverse City, Mich.)
- Call number
- 8-MWEZ + n.c. various and MWEZ + n.c. various
- Physical description
- 10.5 linear feet, (25 boxes)
- Preferred Citation
- Cherry County Playhouse records, Billy Rose Theatre Division, The New York Public Library
- Billy Rose Theatre Division
- Access to materials
- Collection is open to the public. Library policy on photography and photocopying will apply. Advance notice may be required.
The Cherry County Playhouse is a summer theater in Traverse City, Michigan. During the summers of l955-74, its owner, Ruth Bailey produced and presented weekly plays, musicals, and childrens' productions. Each play or musical featured a different star celebrity. Besides the main productions, Ms. Bailey produced the Children's Theatre Program at the Playhouse, under the supervision of the Cherry County Junior Players. About 180 personalities have been featured as star players in the various productions offered by the Playhouse within a twenty year period. The Cherry County Playhouse was purchased in 1975 by Pat Paulsen. The Cherry County Playhouse Records include information regarding the Playhouse from 1955 to 1974, the years when Ms. Bailey was the producer and owner.
Source of acquisitionGift, Eugene Swigart, 1983
Using the collection
LocationBilly Rose Theatre Division
New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Center
40 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023-7498