- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
- Call number
- *L (Special) 90-03
- Physical description
- 42 sound tape reels, analog 7 1/2 ips mono, 7 in
- Preferred Citation
- Selected addresses delivered by Franklin D. Roosevelt [sound recording], Rodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound, The New York Public Library
- Rodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound
- Access to materials
- Access to original items by permission only. Some items may be available as service copies. Other items which need preservation work may require advance notification for use. Refer to item descriptions in individual catalog records for more information.Restrictions apply
These recordings, collected by Harrison W. Davis, offer a representative selection of addresses made by Franklin Delano Roosevelt during his presidency. The bulk of the collection consists of sixteen of the thirty-one "Fireside Chats" (four recordings are incomplete), and ten State of the Union addresses, dating from 1936 to 1945 (the address of January 6, 1945 is incomplete). In addition, the collection contains addresses to Congress delivered on May 16, 1940, on December 8, 1941, and on March 1, 1945, as well as speeches made at the 1940 and 1944 Democratic National Conventions.
- United States -- Economic policy -- 1933-1945
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1933-1945
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1931-1945
Using the collection
LocationRodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound
New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Center
40 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023-7498
Access to materialsAccess to original items by permission only. Some items may be available as service copies. Other items which need preservation work may require advance notification for use. Refer to item descriptions in individual catalog records for more information.
Access to original items restricted.