- New York Public Library. Prince's Bay Branch.
- Physical description
- .25 linear feet (1 box)
- Preferred Citation
Prince's Bay Branch Records, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library.
- New York Public Library Archives
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
The Prince's Bay Branch of The New York Public Library originated in 1915 as a small book station operated by the Prince's Bay Women's Club on Staten Island. In 1929, the NYPL Extension Division began offering services at 6054 Amboy Road in quarters donated by the South Shore Veteran Fireman's Association. In later years the operation was expanded into a "sub-branch," with limited collections and hours, and later a full branch of the Library. It was closed in 1984. Program flyers and publicity material documenting operations of the Prince's Bay Branch of The New York Public Library.
Source of acquisition
Transferred from Office of Branch Libraries.
Compiled by Jim Moske; machine readable finding aid created by Jim Moske.
Using the collection
LocationNew York Public Library Archives
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328