- New York Public Library. High Bridge Branch.
- Physical description
- .5 linear feet (2 boxes)
- Preferred Citation
High Bridge Branch Records, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library.
- New York Public Library Archives
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.Restrictions apply
The High Bridge Branch of The New York Public Library originated in 1901 as the High Bridge Free Library. In 1908 it was incorporated into The New York Public Library and moved to its present location at West 168th Street between Woodycrest and Shakespeare Avenues. In 1975, the original building was demolished and rebuilt, and the library reopened to the public on October 25, 1976. Reports, administrative records and publicity material documenting operations of the High Bridge Branch of The New York Public Library.
Source of acquisition
Transferred from High Bridge Branch Library.
Compiled by Jim Moske; machine readable finding aid created by Jim Moske.
Using the collection
LocationNew York Public Library Archives
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Box 2 is closed to research.