- Doolittle, James R. (James Rood), 1815-1897
- Call number
- MssCol 828
- Physical description
- .1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- James R. Doolittle papers, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
James Rood Doolittle (1815-1897) was a lawyer, judge and United States senator from Wisconsin, 1857-1869. Collection consists of Doolittle's correspondence relating to professional matters. Also, miscellaneous clippings and ephemera.
Source of acquisitionGift, purchase, 1899
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Entire collection available on microfilm; New York Public Library