- American Institute of the City of New York
- Call number
- MssCol 78
- Physical description
- .06 linear feet (1 volume)
- Preferred Citation
- American Institute of the City of New York finance committee reports, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
The American Institute of the City of New York, also known as the American Institute of the City of New York for the Encouragement of Science and Invention, was an association of inventors which organized exhibitions, lecture series and radio broadcasts to inform the public about new technologies and served as a locus for inventors' professional activities. It was chartered in 1829 and merged with the New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS) in the 1980s.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328