- Brady, Mathew B., approximately 1823-1896
- Call number
- MssCol 7681
- Physical description
- 0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- Mathew B. Brady letter, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Mathew B. Brady (ca. 1823-1896) was among the most prominent of early photographers in the U.S. During the Civil War, he and his assistants went into the field to photograph Union troops and battles. Brady maintained studios in New York City and Washington, D.C.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328