- Blount, Willie, 1768-1835
- Call number
- MssCol 7456
- Physical description
- 0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- Willie Blount letters, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Jurist and governor of Tennessee. Five letters including an 1814 item to Governor David Holmes of Mississippi discussing Andrew Jackson's promotion to Major General; a 1815 item to Governor Holmes regarding the ceremonial gift of a sword to Andrew Jackson; and a 1822 item describing, in depth, Blount's views on the role of Christianity in government.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328