- Blount, William, 1749-1800
- Call number
- MssCol 7455
- Physical description
- 0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- William Blount letters to John Sevier, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Speaker of the North Carolina House of Commons; member North Carolina Senate; United States Congress member; appointed governor of the Tennessee Territory; and United States Senator from Tennessee. Letter of 1796 concerns Jefferson and Burr for President and Vice President and mentions the designation of Benjamin Hawkins as agent to Southern Nations of Indians. Letter of 1797 regards the "line between the Indians and the United States."
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328