- Black, Samuel W., 1818-1862
- Call number
- MssCol 7390
- Physical description
- 0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- Samuel W. Black letters to Henry E. Lemon, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Samuel W. Black; governor of the Territory of Nebraska (1818-1862). Letter concerning the differences between Northern and Southern states: "the beginning of wrongs is with us of the North and I see no possible hope of settlement until the North sets herself right" (February 25,1861). Letter concerning the sale of real estate plots and the prospect of a railroad being built in Nebraska City (September 1, 1860).
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328