- Black, Jeremiah S. (Jeremiah Sullivan), 1810-1883
- Call number
- MssCol 7389
- Physical description
- 0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- Jeremiah S. Black letter to Governor Charles Jones Jenkins of Georgia, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
American jurist and statesman; Attorney General of the United States (1857-1860); Secretary of State (1860-1861). Letter to Governor Charles Jones Jenkins of Georgia, advising options in the case of his removal from office by General John Pope during Reconstruction (December 18, 1867).
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328