- Bingham, Hiram, 1789-1869
- Call number
- MssCol 7359
- Physical description
- 0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- Hiram Bingham letter to Professor Frederick Hall, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Bingham was an early missionary to Hawaii (Sandwich Islands). Letter written from Oahu to Professor Hall at Hartford College concerning minerals found on Hawaii, William Ellis and Levi Chamberlain's decent into an active volcano, Hawaii's climate, and Bingham's missionary work.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328