- Biddle, Nicholas, 1786-1844
- Call number
- MssCol 7337
- Physical description
- 0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- Nicholas Biddle letters and miscellany, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Literature, scholar, statesman, financier; born and died in Philadelphia. Married Jane Craig (1811); member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives (1810-1811); Pensylvania Senate (1814-1818); and became the President of United States Bank of Pennsylvania. Eleven letters written by Nicholas Biddle, including an 1805 letter to William Lee while Biddle was secretary to the Minster to France, and several letters while President of the United States Bank of Pennsylvania. Also present are four bank notes (1836-1838).
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328