- Basso, Hamilton, 1904-1964
- Call number
- MssCol 7075
- Physical description
- 0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- Joseph Hamilton Basso letter, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Letter in regard to the novel "The Light Infantry Ball" set in antebellum South. Letter dated 1959 comments on the corrosive effects of slavery on all classes of southerners to the time of writing.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328