- Barney, Joshua, 1759-1818
- Call number
- MssCol 7009
- Physical description
- 0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- Joshua Barney letters and list of British captives, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
District Capt. during Revolution, Commodore in 1812. Material pertaining to the War of 1812.Letter to Paul Bentalou 1808: "...as to war, we shall have none. England dare not do it..."Included is a list dated 1812 of British seaman captured by the schooner Rossie: "The above named Captains and their Crews are put onboard the Brig. Brothers, and are at Liberty to proceed to any British Port, when it is expected that the same number of Americans, will be released and set at Liberty to return to the United States."
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328