- Cromwell, Oliver, 1599-1658
- Call number
- MssCol 696
- Physical description
- .1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- Oliver Cromwell letter to John Cotton, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.Restrictions apply
One letter from Oliver Cromwell to John Cotton written after the Battle of Worcester, October 2, 1651, which destroyed the last major Scottish Royalist army. Cromwell alludes to his difficulties in treating with the Scots
Purchased at auction by Henry Stevens on behalf of James Lenox in 1854.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Photostats must be used in lieu of the original.