- Backus, Truman J. (Truman Jay), 1842-1908
- Call number
- MssCol 6835
- Physical description
- 0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- Truman J. Backus letter and miscellany, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
American educator, president of Packer Collegiate Institute of Brooklyn. Letters, calling cards, event invitations, notes. Includes letter regarding the discovery in Long Island of a circa 1754 iron fire-back with royal insignia.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328