- Thompson, Frank
- Call number
- MssCol 4797
- Physical description
- .5 linear feet (2 boxes)
- Preferred Citation
Frank Thompson photograph albums, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
The collection consists of two scrapbooks containing photographs of Frank Thompson and various friends in New York City, Vermont, and during Thompson's service in the United States Army in Germany and Sicily during World War Two. The photographs document the lives and culture of gay men in the 1940s and 1950s.
Source of acquisition
Donated to the Manuscripts and Archives Division in 2001.
Compiled by Kit Messick, 2010
- Gay men -- New York (State) -- New York (N.Y.)
- Gays in the military -- United States
- Homosexuality -- United States
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy -- Sicily
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328