- Brickett, James, 1737-1818
- Call number
- MssCol 388
- Physical description
- 1 v. (58 leaves)
- Preferred Citation
- Orderly book kept at Ticonderoga, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Orderly book of Brig. Gen. James Brickett of the 5th Massachusetts Brigade at Ticonderoga. The volume contains brigade orders and general orders of Major General Gates. The entries concern routines, courts martial, defense of Mount Independence, and other matters. Volume ends when the troops leave for Fort George. The last two pages contain notes in Brickett's hand.
Source of acquisitionvolume: Purchase, Williams Book Store, 09/--/1941
- Independence, Mount (Vt.)
- Ticonderoga (N.Y.) -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Sources
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Regimental histories
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Available on microfilm