- Boudinot, Elias, 1740-1821
- Physical description
- .15 linear feet (1 v.); 1 microfilm reel
- Preferred Citation
- Household expenses of President Elias Boudinot as furnished by the agent of Congress, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Elias Boudinot (1740-1821), an American statesman and lawyer of New Jersey, was a member of the Continental Congress, 1777-1778 and 1781-1784, serving as president of that body in 1782 and 1783. After election to Congress in 1789, he was appointed Director of the U.S. Mint in 1795. He was the first president, 1816-1821, of the American Bible Society. Account book lists Boudinot's household expenses in 1783. Includes printed title page and portrait.
Source of acquisitionGift, Kennedy, John Stewart, 1896
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Available on microfilm; New York Public Library