- Whitney, Helen Hay, 1875-1944
- Call number
- MssCol 3318
- Physical description
- 1.5 linear feet (17 v.)
- Mexican cookery manuscript in Spanish
- Preferred Citation
- Whitney cookery collection, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Collection consists of seventeen English and American manuscripts dating from the early 15th century to the late 19th century. In addition to cooking recipes, most of the manuscripts also contain medicinal recipes and remedies, as well as mixtures for cleaning solutions and other household items.
Source of acquisitionGift, Whitney, Helen Hay - Estate, 1945
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Fifteenth century cookery manuscript available on microfilm; New York Public Library
Mexican cookery manuscript available on microfilm; New York Public Library