- Wharton, Thomas Kelah, 1814-1862
- Call number
- MssCol 3306
- Physical description
- 1 linear foot (8 v.)
- Materials in English
- Preferred Citation
Thomas Kelah Wharton diaries and sketchbook, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
- Portions of this collection have been digitized and are available online.
Thomas Kelah Wharton (1814-1862), architect, was superintendent of construction of the Customs House in New Orleans, La. Collection consists of seven volumes of diaries describing Wharton's activities in the social, educational, literary, and artistic life of New Orleans. Four of the diaries and a sketchbook contain his pen and ink sketches, mostly of places mentioned in the diaries, and some architectural drawings.
- Confederate States of America -- History
- New Orleans (La.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- New Orleans (La.) -- Social life and customs
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Entire collection available on microfilm; New York Public Library