- Bogoras, Waldemar, 1865-1936
- Call number
- MssCol 328
- Physical description
- .2 linear feet (1 box)
- Tales in Eskimo and English
- Preferred Citation
- Waldemar Bogoras papers, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Waldemar Bogoras (1865-1936) was an ethnographer and writer. Collection consists of Eskimo tales recorded by Waldemar Bogoras as a member of the Jesup North Pacific Expedition of 1901; linguistic and ethnographic introductions by Bogoras and Ernest W. Hawkes; and a descriptive catalog by Roman Jakobson.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Collection available on microfilm; New York Public Library