- Sugimoto, Etsuko, 1873-1950
- Call number
- MssCol 2920
- Physical description
- .08 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- Etsu Inagaki Sugimoto papers, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- MssCol 2920 *ZL-300 [Microfilm]
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Etsu Inagaki Sugimoto (1874-1950) was a Japanese novelist. Most of the letters were written by Sugimoto to her American publisher, Russell Doubleday, and to others concerning translation into English of her books, their publication, and inclusion in anthologies of excerpts from her work. Also, a few letters, 1934-1935, to Doubleday from Sugimoto's teacher and translator, Florence Wells.
Source of acquisition
Gift, Doubleday & Co., 1983
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Available on microfilm