- Strachey, William, 1572?-1621
- Call number
- MssCol 2900
- Physical description
- .17 linear feet (1 volume)
- Preferred Citation
- The historie of travaile into Virginia Britannia : expressing the cosmographie and comodities of the country, together with the manners and customes of the people / gathered and observed as well by those who went first thither as collected by William Stra, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Manuscript transcription of William Strachey's "The historie of travaile into Virginia Britannia," undated and in an unknown hand. Accompanied by printed illustrations which appear to have been removed from a published copy of the work. End of volume contains "A Dictionarie of the Indian language for the better enabling of such who shalbe thither ymployed."
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328