- Roosevelt, James I., 1795-1875
- Call number
- MssCol 2620
- Physical description
- .21 linear feet (1 volume)
- Preferred Citation
- James Roosevelt notebook on the Supreme Court, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
James John Roosevelt, also known as James I., was a congressman and lawyer, born in New York City on December 14, 1795; admitted to the bar in 1818; member of the New York State Assembly in 1835 and 1840; member of the U.S. House of Representatives, 1841 to 1843; Justice of the New York Supreme Court, 1851 to 1859; and District Attorney for southern New York, 1860-1861. He died April 5, 1875.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328