- Robertson, Archibald, approximately 1745-1813
- Call number
- MssCol 2589
- Physical description
- 2 linear feet (1 oversize case)
- Materials in English
- Preferred Citation
Archibald Robertson maps, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
- Portions of this collection have been digitized and are available online.
Archibald Robertson (ca.1745-1813) served in the British Army during the American Revolution as an officer in the Royal Engineers. Collection consists of six maps attributed to Archibald Robertson. Maps are chart of the approaches to Boston Bay in Mass., 1776; Copy of Miller's "Plan of the roads between Boston and Albany" N.Y., 1765; British military map of New York City from Kips Bay to McGowan's Pass, 1782; Battle of White Plains, N.Y., 1776; Paoli, Chester County, Penn., 1777; and British troops near Charleston, South Carolina, and vicinity, 1780.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328