- Banco Espanñol de la Isla de Cuba
- Call number
- MssCol 24183
- Physical description
- .06 linear feet (1 volume)
- Preferred Citation
- Island of Cuba Tax Statements book, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
The Island of Cuba Tax Statements book lists the quarterly taxes that were to be paid to the state under Spanish colonial rule for the 1894-1895 fiscal year. Recorded are the city real estate, country real estate, and industrial tax figures for the districts in each of Cuba's six provinces. Each page contains the signature of Joseé Anton Alcalaá chief of the tax bureau of the Banco Espanñol of Cuba.
Source of acquisition
Compiled by Susan M. Kline, 2017.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328