- Barondess, Joseph, 1867-1928
- Call number
- MssCol 216
- Physical description
- 78.5 linear feet (62 boxes, 82 v.); 9 microfilm reels
- Preferred Citation
- Joseph Barondess papers, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Joseph Barondess (1867-1928) was an American labor organizer and Zionist leader. Collection consists of general correspondence, 1908-1928; business correspondence and papers, 1913-1932; letter press copybooks, 1900-1925; and business ledgers, account books and other papers regarding Barondess's work with the New York City Board of Education, Jewish affairs, and the Brooklyn Federation of Jewish Charities.
Source of acquisitionGift, Barondess, Joseph - Estate, 1937
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Letterbooks, 1900-1925, available on microfilm; New York Public Library; *ZL-335