- Stokes, I. N. Phelps (Isaac Newton Phelps), 1867-1944
- Call number
- MssCol 2158
- Physical description
- 1.54 linear feet (12 volumes)
- Preferred Citation
- Notes on New York City slums, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Extracts from printed sources relating to the social history of New York City, from the first settlements to ca. 1905. Relates to sanitation, water supply, epidemics, wages and trade, rent and food costs, population statistics, etc. Typewritten; c. 2600 pages in 12 volumes.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328