- Morris, George Pope, 1802-1864
- Call number
- MssCol 2064
- Physical description
- .77 linear feet (5 volumes)
- Preferred Citation
- George Pope Morris literary manuscripts, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
George Pope Morris was an American poet, playwright, essayist, and journalist. Literary manuscripts include "Briar Cliff, or Scenes from the Revolution," "Whig and Tory," "The Maid of Saxony," "National Melodies of America," poems, and a few letters and other items relating to Morris.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328