- Clinton Avenue Congregational Church (Brooklyn, New York, N.Y.)
- Call number
- MssCol NYGB 18066
- Physical description
- 1 v, ill, 31 cm; 1 v, ill, 31 cm
- Preferred Citation
- Presentation album for Alfred J. Smithers, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Presentation album for Alfred J. Smithers, with photographic portrait, containing autographs, Sunday School lists, pressed flowers, and testimonials from church members, families and groups associated with the Clinton Avenue Congregational Church and Society in April, 1867. The volume, prepared on the occasion of Smithers' return to his native England with his family, acknowledges his service to the church and its congregants, and to the poor. Inserted in the volume is a memorial dated 20 Jan. 1875, acknowledging Smithers' recent death in London, and a later photograph of an unidentified man wearing a kilt.
Gift of the Congregational Christian Historical Society to the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society, 1987.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328