- First Baptist Church of Christ (Pawling, N.Y.)
- Call number
- MssCol NYGB 18061
- Physical description
- 3 v, 32 cm. or smaller; 3 v, 32 cm. or smaller
- Preferred Citation
- Record books of the First Baptist Church of Christ, Pawling, New York, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
The First Baptist Church of Christ in Pawling, New York was instituted in the early 1770s by Elder John Lawrence, its first pastor. Records books, including history, articles of faith, rules of order, minutes, and lists of members, 1841-1899, with loose notes, correspondence and minutes, 1889-1900 (inserted in v. 3), for the First Baptist Church of Christ in Pawling, Dutchess County, New York. The bulk of the entries consist of meeting minutes, dating approximately 1841-1847, 1859 in v. 1; 1847-1886 in v. 2, and 1887-1899 in v. 3.
Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Pierre K. Plantinga to the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society, 1958.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328