- Ingersoll, Robert Green, 1833-1899
- Call number
- MssCol 1507
- Physical description
- 1.25 linear feet (5 boxes)
- Preferred Citation
- Ingersoll - Farrell family papers, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Contains correspondence of Robert Ingersoll; copyists' drafts of several speeches or newspaper articles bearing corrections in his hand; social and family correspondence (1878-1921) of the women and children in the Ingersoll and Farrell families; and correspondence, principally 1917-1918 and 1940, of Mrs. Clinton P. Farrell (Sue Parker Farrell) as president of the Vivisection Investigation League of New York and with related movements for humane treatment of animals, and to combat enforced inoculation of children, soldiers, and others.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328