- Hassler, F. R. (Ferdinand Rudolph), 1770-1843
- Call number
- MssCol 1348
- Physical description
- .8 linear feet (3 boxes); 1 microfilm reel
- Some letters in French and German
- Preferred Citation
- F.R. Hassler correspondence, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Ferdinand Rudolph Hassler (1770-1843), Swiss-born, American geodesist and mathematician, was superintendent of the United States Coast Survey. Collection consists of correspondence chiefly relating to Hassler's position as instructor at the United States Military Academy at West Point, N.Y., and to his service with the United States Coast Survey.
Source of acquisitionTransfer, Ford Collection
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Joseph G. Swift letters available on microfilm; New York Public Library. *ZZ-24552