- Hamilton, Thomas, 1789-1842
- Call number
- MssCol 1301
- Physical description
- .21 linear feet (1 volume)
- Preferred Citation
- Thomas Hamilton diary, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Thomas Hamilton (1789-1842) was a Scottish writer and philosopher.
- Middle Atlantic States -- Description and travel -- 19th century
- New England -- Description and travel -- 19th century
- Southern States -- Description and travel -- 19th century
- United States -- Social conditions -- 19th century
- United States -- Social life and customs -- 19th century
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Printed with many additions as "Men and Manners in America," by T. Hamilton, 1833