- Great Britain. Royal Navy
- Call number
- MssCol 1223
- Physical description
- .1 linear feet (2 volumes)
- Preferred Citation
- Lists of ships in Royal Navy, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Three lists of ships in the Royal Navy. One, dated November 9, 1761, is entitled "List of the King's Ships and Vessels in Commission, with an Account how they are disposed; and a State of the Men of such of them as are employed at or near Home." Another, with the same date, is entitled "A List of the Ships and Vessels of your Majesty's Royal Navy; with their Number of Guns, Tons and Men, when Built and Repair'd; distinguishing those which are now in Commission, and the time they may continue fit for service." The third, dated January 1, 1762, is entitled "A List of all His Majesty's Ships and Vessels in Sea Pay, with their present Disposition."
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328