- Franklin, Benjamin, 1706-1790
- Physical description
- .15 linear feet (1 v.)
- Preferred Citation
- Letters on Smoky Chimneys, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
- The entirety of this collection has been digitized and is available online.
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) was an American printer, author, statesman, and inventor. Volume contains two holograph letters, a printed title page, and a portrait of Franklin. First letter is to Sir Alexander Dick, January 21, 1762; the second is to Dr. Ingenhousz, August 28, 1785.
Source of acquisitionGift, Kennedy, John Stewart, 1896
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Available on microfilm; New York Public Library