- Hurry, John, 1796 or 1797-
- Call number
- Pforz BND-MSS (Hurry, J.)
- Physical description
- 1 volume (96 leaves), ill, 19 cm; 1 volume (96 leaves), ill, 19 cm
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle
- Access to materials
- Restricted access. Request access to this collection.
John Hurry, English watch and clock maker. He appears in published directories of 1830 (Pigot) and 1865 (Kelly) at Whitmore Street, Whittlesey, in Cambridgeshire. In the 1851 census he is described as a "master watch and clock maker," aged 54, born in Uppingham, Rutland. His wife, Elizabeth, is listed as a straw bonnet maker. Manuscript commonplace book with technical drawings pertaining to watch and clock mechanisms, drawings of other tools and machines, original musical compositions, and watercolors of maritime views.
Using the collection
LocationCarl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Third Floor, Room 319