- unitdate
-
{"value"=>"1924-1997", "type"=>"inclusive", "normal"=>"1924/1997"}
- date_inclusive_start
-
1924
- date_inclusive_end
-
1997
- keydate
-
1924
- unittitle
-
{"value"=>"Ottendorfer Branch records"}
- physdesc
-
{"format"=>"structured", "physdesc_components"=>[{"name"=>"extent", "value"=>"2.5 linear feet", "unit"=>"linear feet"}, {"name"=>"extent", "value"=>"6 boxes", "unit"=>"containers"}], "supress_display"=>true}
- repository
-
{"value"=>"<span class=\"corpname\">The New York Public Library. <span class=\"subarea\">Manuscripts and Archives Division</span></span> <div class=\"address\"> <span class=\"addressline\">New York, New York</span></div>"}
- langmaterial
-
{"value"=>"English"}
- prefercite
-
{"value"=>"<p>Ottendorfer Branch Records, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library.</p>"}
- origination
-
{"value"=>"New York Public Library. Ottendorfer Branch.", "type"=>"corpname"}
- bioghist
-
{"value"=>"<p>The Ottendorfer Branch of the New York Public Library originated in 1884 as part of the New York Free Circulating Library, which merged with NYPL in 1901. The library building, located in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan, was designed by German-born architect William Schickel and was constructed with funds provided by Oswald Ottendorfer, owner of the New-Yorker Staats-Zeitung. At the time, the neighborhood was called Kleindeutschland (Little Germany) and had a population of over 150,000 people of German descent.</p>", "supress_display"=>true}
- scopecontent
-
{"value"=>"<p>Reports, administrative files and publicity material documenting operations of the Ottendorfer Branch of The New York Public Library.</p>", "supress_display"=>true}
- acqinfo
-
{"value"=>"<p>Transferred from Ottendorfer Branch Library.</p>"}
- relatedmaterial
-
{"value"=>"<span class=\"archref\"> Free Circulating Libraries Records. New York Public Library Archives.</span>"}
- processinfo
-
{"value"=>"<p>Compiled by Jim Moske; machine readable finding aid created by Jim Moske.</p>"}
- abstract
-
{"value"=>"The Ottendorfer Branch of the New York Public Library originated in 1884 as part of the New York Free Circulating Library, which merged with NYPL in 1901. The library building, located in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan, was designed by German-born architect William Schickel and was constructed with funds provided by Oswald Ottendorfer, owner of the New-Yorker Staats-Zeitung. At the time, the neighborhood was called Kleindeutschland (Little Germany) and had a population of over 150,000 people of German descent. Reports, administrative files and publicity material documenting operations of the Ottendorfer Branch of The New York Public Library.", "generated"=>true}
- extent_statement
-
2.5 linear feet (6 boxes)
- date_start
-
1924
- date_end
-
1997