- NBC Matinee Theater
- Call number
- NCOI+ (NBC Matinee Theatre)
- Physical description
- 656 v, 28 cm; 656 v, 28 cm
- Preferred Citation
- NBC Matinee Theater (television series) scripts, Billy Rose Theatre Division, The New York Public Library
- Billy Rose Theatre Division
- Access to materials
- Some collections held by the Dance, Music, Recorded Sound, and Theatre Divisions at the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts are held off-site and must be requested in advance. Please check the collection records in the NYPL's online catalog for detailed location information. For general guidance about requesting offsite materials, please consult: https://www.nypl.org/about/locations/lpa/requesting-archival-materials
The collection contains scripts for numerous productions of the television series NBC Matinee Theater arranged chronologically by date of broadcast. The "100th Broadcast Talent Summary", arranged by date of broadcast, lists the name of show (and chief cast members), the writer and adapter, and director, for each show in the series (bound in vol. 1). This collection contains an incomplete run of scripts up to episode 656, broadcast on June 13, 1958. Scattered episodes lacking from this collection are listed in vol. 1.
The television series NBC Matinee Theater was broadcast from Oct. 31, 1955 to June 27, 1958, by the National Broadcasting Company. The host was John Conte, the producer was Albert McCleery. The series featured over 7000 actors appearing in 666 productions.
Spelling of series varies at times: NBC Matinee Theatre.
Using the collection
LocationBilly Rose Theatre Division
New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Center
40 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023-7498