- O'Neill, Alice
- Call number
- *T-Vim 1998-036 (O'Neill, A.)
- Physical description
- 1 original design, col, 37 x 57 cm
- Preferred Citation
- Alice O'Neill costume design for the Greenwich Village follies [graphic], Billy Rose Theatre Division, The New York Public Library
- Billy Rose Theatre Division
- Access to materials
- Collection is open to the public. Library policy on photography and photocopying will apply. Advance notice may be required.
Beginning in 1916, O'Neill (a.k.a. AVON and Av O'Neill) designed costumes for many famous Broadway revues, including the Ziegfeld Follies, the Greenwich Village Follies (1922), the Ziegfeld Midnight Frolic, and George White's Scandals. Between 1927 and 1930 she designed for the Fox Studios and United Artists, often collaborating with designer Stephanie Wachner. Costume design for two performers, executed in ink, water color, and silver paint.
Using the collection
LocationBilly Rose Theatre Division
New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Center
40 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023-7498
Access to materialsCollection is open to the public. Library policy on photography and photocopying will apply. Advance notice may be required.
Alternative form available
Also available in electronic form, digitized by The New York Public Library