- Bermuda Benevolent Association (New York, N.Y.)
- Call number
- Sc MG 384
- Physical description
- 10.5 linear feet (10 boxes)
- Preferred Citation
- [Item], Bermuda Benevolent Association records, Sc MG 384, Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Manuscripts, Archives and Rare Books Division, The New York Public Library
- Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Manuscripts, Archives and Rare Books Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Records of the Bermuda Benevolent Association, an immigrant organization founded in New York City in 1898 and incorporated in 1920. The B.B.A., which is still active, once had its headquarters at 402 West 146th Street (off St. Nicholas Avenue). It is now located at the Grace Congregational Church at 310 West 139th Street. The records consist of minutes, correspondence, financial records, and printed material. Included are the files of the Rosebud Juvenile, a juvenile branch of the B.B.A. founded in 1932.
Source of acquisition
Donated by Ms. Ivy S. Simons in 1989.
Compiled by Mary Yearwood, 2005. Finding aid edited and adapted to digital form by Kay Menick in 2016.
Photographs transferred to Photographs and Prints Division.
Television program transcripts, books, and magazines transferred to the General Research and Reference Division.
Audiotapes, videotapes and films transferred to the Moving Image and Recorded Sound Division.
- Blacks -- Services for -- New York (N.Y.)
- Charities -- New York (N.Y.)
- Immigrants -- Services for -- New York (N.Y.)
- New York (N.Y.) -- Emigration and immigration -- Societies, etc.
- Older people -- New York (N.Y.) -- Societies and clubs
- Older people -- Services for -- New York (N.Y.)
- Social work with immigrants -- New York (N.Y.)
Using the collection
LocationSchomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Manuscripts, Archives and Rare Books Division
515 Malcolm X Boulevard, New York, NY 10037-1801
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on copyright available from repository.