- New York Public Library. St. George Branch
- Call number
- MssArc 5864
- Physical description
- 1 linear foot (3 boxes)
- Preferred Citation
St. George Branch Records, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library.
- New York Public Library Archives
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
The St. George Branch of The New York Public Library opened on June 26, 1907. The largest library on Staten Island, it was designed by Carrere and Hastings, architects of the neighboring Borough Hall and County Court House. The branch was constructed with funds provided by Andrew Carnegie. Reports, correspondence and administrative records documenting operations of the St. George Branch of The New York Public Library.
Source of acquisition
Transferred from St. George Branch Library.
Compiled Jim Moske; machine readable finding aid created by FAKER.
Using the collection
LocationNew York Public Library Archives
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328