- New York Public Library. Harlem Branch.
- Physical description
- .25 linear feet (1 box)
- Preferred Citation
Harlem Branch Records, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library.
- New York Public Library Archives
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
The Harlem Branch of The New York Public Library, located on West 124th Street in Manhattan, originated in 1825 as the Harlem Library. This institution merged with NYPL in 1903. The current branch building, opened in 1909, was designed by the architectural firm of McKim, Mead and White and was constructed with funds provided by Andrew Carnegie. The library was fully renovated in 2004. Publicity materials and correspondence documenting operations of Harlem Branch of The New York Public Library.
Source of acquisition
Transferred from Harlem Branch.
Compiled by Jim Moske; machine readable finding aid created by Jim Moske.
Using the collection
LocationNew York Public Library Archives
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328