- New York Public Library. Hamilton Grange Branch.
- Physical description
- .33 linear feet (1 box)
- Preferred Citation
Hamilton Grange Branch Records, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library.
- New York Public Library Archives
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
The Hamilton grange Branch of The New York Public Library opened in 1907 on West 145th Street in upper Manhattan. Designed by the architectural firm of McKim, Mead and White in the style of an Italian palazzo, the library was constructed with funds donated by Andrew Carnegie. Declared a landmark in 1970, the branch today houses a variety of collections that serve an ethnically diverse community. Reports, administrative records and publicity material documenting operations of the Hamilton Grange Branch of The New York Public Library.
Source of acquisition
Transferred from Hamilton Grange Branch.
Compiled by Jim Moske; machine readable finding aid created by Jim Moske.
Using the collection
LocationNew York Public Library Archives
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328